Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bianca's Favorite Things!

My Bianca recently celebrated her 6th birthday, of course many of her concerns about the party included the location, who she would invite but most important to the "Cupcake Girl" was the design of her cake. I thought that finding exactly what she wanted for this special cake would include hours and hours of probing and questions about what she envisioned in her head. I was caught by surprise when she said to me " Mommy, I want an Obama Cake". I was unsure if I heard correctly but she repeated to me that she wished to have a Barack Obama Cake. I couldn't believe that this idea came from her little mouth, I was so proud!! She wanted the cake to be red, white and blue with stars all around it and Barack Obama. I asked her if she was sure of what she wanted and she said that she was. Her special cake request was made about a month before her birthday, within the coming weeks Bianca's heart stayed true to wanting her Barack Obama Cake but at 5 yrs old she said to me "Mommy, I don't want my friends to think I'm weird for having an Obama Cake". I thought to myself "Baby you're not weird, you're just a head of your time.


So what started out as a complete Barack Obama Cake transformed itself into a Bianca's Favorite Things Cake! If Oprah can do it, why can't she? hahah! The cake was yellow cake filled with Bianca's Lemonade Stand Buttercream and vanilla buttercream for the mini cupcakes that surrounded the cakes.


As for "The List" it was as follows:

1.Barack Obama

2. Her Build-A Bear Kitty (Sassy)

3.Cupcakes

4.Tacos

5.Watermelom

6.Lollipops

7.Strawberries


8.Hearts

9.The Color Pink

10.Cake (of course) with Pink Lemonade Buttercream

Well, none the less the cake was exactly what she wanted from begining to the end and yet another fabulous cake designed by Bianca Brown.

I can't wait to see what she comes up with for her 7th birthday! Happy Birthday Bianca!!

No comments:

01 09 10